Monday, October 30, 2006

Big Brother Sweden

I don't want to alarm anyone, but today I got a letter in the mail from the Swedish government saying that a pap smear has been scheduled for me for the 16th of November. I asked The Handsome Swede about this, and apparently that's how it always is. The government makes preventative care appointments for you automatically. They don't rely on personal initiative at all. This, I knew about before I came here. And yet, there was nothing approaching my shock when I got a letter in the mail only one month after arriving saying I was due at the gynecologist. I have to say, I'm all for it when it comes to healthcare. But who knows how far this will go? What's next: a letter saying it's time to invest in bonds? Write my will? Fear is in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home